Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weight Watcher

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have always had issues with my weight. At one point, my psycho days in college, I weighed myself multiple times a day and based my whole feelings and thoughts on that number. Whatever it was. I think the absolute lowest I was as a young adult/adult was around 128 pounds. Something like that.

Right now, I weigh 181.2 pounds (well, I did on Saturday). I joined Weight Watchers (for the 3rd time) and have real hope that these next 3 months will lead to some significant weight loss. Interestingly enough, the last time I joined WW, I weighed in at the EXACT same weight. Only difference, it was THREE weeks after giving birth to Juliette. Fiona is over 5 months!

My weight and eating issues are directly related to my spiritual state. I am STARVING and so THIRSTY. Lord, be with me. Help me to need YOU ALONE. Help me to see victory in the small and big things. I pray that as I go about each day you will help me to eat what I need to live, not live to eat. As I embark on my third WW experience, I pray for results that will bring glory to You.

Here are my goals with WW.
1. Lose 5 pounds. I can't wait to get that. I'll be 176.2 pounds. I haven't been that light since I was pregnant with Fiona, maybe some time last fall?
2. Reach my 10% Target- 163.1 pounds. This is the weight I was at (actually a few pounds less) before I got pregnant with all 3 girls.
3. Get to my goal weight- 138 pounds. I have not weighed this much since college. And really, I've never weighed this much by living a healthy, realistic lifestyle. God alone will get me to this place.

Do I want to look better? Feel better? Have more energy? Yes, yes, and yes!

Do I want to be closer to God in a way I've never experienced by giving Him EVERY PART of me? YESSSSSS!!!!

No comments: