I have often felt discouraged in the beginning weeks as I try to lose weight. It feels so slow, close to impossible, and for some reason when I eat healthy for a few consecutive days I expect some dramatic results.
I started Weight Watchers more than 6 weeks ago, and as of today I've lost 7.2 pounds. I'm encouraged. This journey has been tough, and I know it's just started. There will be days, weeks, and months maybe that are less encouraging. However, I'm celebrating now. Nothing tastes as good as victory feels. For one week, I've had no sweets (I almost justified eating some tart frozen yogurt on our date- thank you Jackson for stopping me!) or salty snacks. One week. That's not very long. The Holy Spirit and God alone will help me find victory in not eating these things until I shed 36 more pounds. I can imagine once I reach 160 is when things will become more difficult. Since I've been married, I have not weighed less than 159 or 158.
I'm also realizing it's so much less about a number, than how I feel and my obedience to God. Losing 3 pounds this week feels amazing because I feel good. God has been at the center, I have clung to Him when I've wanted sweets (Anna's Birthday BBQ had a YUMMY looking Texas sheet cake last Friday night) or salty (very tempting treats were put out at small group last night). God is so amazing and all I need. Good whole food is a better choice as it feels me up and gives me the right energy. Belle threw a big tantrum this week and I had the stamina to deal with it with the Spirit in me. Each night after dinner, I've been able to mostly bounce up and help get the girls into bed without wanting to just lay there. I also ran a little faster yesterday (Couch to 5K week 7, woo woo!).
While subsequent weeks may yield very little to no weight loss, I'm going to celebrate now. I'll celebrate by praising God. Doing some quiet time. Loving on my girls and maybe dancing with them when they wake up. AND I'll celebrate by treating myself to my Kashi cereal with some fruit on top. I'll make another healthy choice that honors God and brings good energy to my body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment