Thursday, October 18, 2012

One year later...

One year later I still seek food more than I do God's comfort, hand, and presence. I've tried some more things since my last post.  Over Eaters Anonymous (did that from mid December 2011 to about March/April 2012). I've tracked calories.  I've done part of The Lord's Table (online program of breaking addiction through Christ). I've most recently started Jillian Michaels work outs and her website with calorie tracking, recipes, meals, etc. I see hope.  I'm hopeful. Not because of the Jillian Michaels deal, but because I see God at work.  I have about 15 to 20 pounds to get rid of.  I have habits to break.  Most importantly, I have a soul to nourish.  I am totally aware that I can't do any of this without being FILLED by God.

It is my hope, prayer, and desire that I will be more healthy the next time I put up a post.

 I've gone up and down this year.  In the beginning of the year, I was about 150 pounds. I lost the weight through eating the OA diet.


 I've gained close to (a bit more) 10 pounds since then.  I'm about 160 right now.


 I've learned that I need to be at least 145, but I'm aiming for 140.

 When I lose this weight I know it will only be with God's help because I can't do it without Him.


No comments: