As of yesterday, I am 170 pounds. 10 more from pounds from the last blog entry. 22 from my lowest weight last year (148 pounds). If you're worried this is going to be all about numbers and calorie counting- fear not.
I want to crave God more than I do food. I want to be at a healthy weight at MAINTAIN it. I want to use my whole life (body, mind, soul) for His kingdom. I know with hard work, Jesus, and community this is possible.
Fiona is in her room crying right now (recently learned to climb out of crib and is currently striking going to sleep easily). I had hopes of sitting down to start a fabulous first of the year entry... but this goes with the theme that God so desperately wants me to embrace.
IMPERFECT PROGRESS. So here it is. All of me. No editing. I am inviting you to this blog so that you can keep up with my imperfect progress and also know specifically how to pray for me AND hold me accountable.
I need Jesus... I need to believe that He is more than enough and that when my mind starts thinking of buttered toast, desserts, and even 'healthy snacks' that I don't need I want to fight to cling to Him and His sustaining power.
I need Jesus... I need to believe that He is more than enough and that when my mind starts thinking of buttered toast, desserts, and even 'healthy snacks' that I don't need I want to fight to cling to Him and His sustaining power.
I also need to lose weight. I am overweight at this point and don't like the way I feel or look. It's a little different now because I do feel lovely (glory to God) and loved (seriously praise Jesus). I am actually starting to like myself...that's what you get gospel community.
I am going to try to put up a post about my imperfect progress and how I'm inviting Jesus into my process (thank you Dee) each day. Phone calls are strugs (short of struggles if you need fill in on the lingo) most times. As you read this, you are welcome to imagine Fiona crying for her freedom. Couldn't have a phone conversation right now, but I'm typing away!
How has today gone so far?
Time with Jesus? Yes
Eating right? Yes (right now I'm trying to stick near a certain calorie range and drink more water- check, check)
Exercised? Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1 done to Work Out Worship Music- seriously so great
Please continue to pray for me and let me know how I can pray for you.
Love,
Janelle

2 comments:
way to go girl! two rockin days in a row! thanks for inviting me and you know i'm praying!!
Thank you Emily! I am so encouraged by your prayers and messages.
Post a Comment