Friday, January 18, 2013

Solitude

I'm heading out the door tomorrow morning for a block of solitude from 8 am until 2pm tomorrow.  I'm excited but at the same time feel a bit lost.  What will I do with all that time?  How can I sneak in some productivity into this solitude? I know that God has been calling me to rest (shout out to Bunny and Dee especially) for awhile now and this is an act of obedience.  Like I said, I'm thrilled to get away... I just keep thinking of all the things I need to do, could do, should do, etc.

SO- please pray for me.  If you read this before I go or while I am gone (going Saturday January 19th), pray that the time will be a spiritually growing and energizing time.

How am I today?
Jesus time? Yes (and totally by myself!)
Eating? No snacks today... and 3 meals. I did help myself to seconds that I didn't need/shouldn't have had tonight. Just need to get it out there.  Please pray that I will trust that He is enough and really stick to my plans.  Also,I recognize that this is indeed imperfect progress.  Seconds at dinner and a piece of fruit (yeah, had that too and it wasn't really in my plan) is WAY better than downing junk, right?
Exercise? JM to the WWM Day 5! (All three girls were jumping around trying to do this with me.  It was so fun doing it with them. The 2 littles are getting the idea that they can't climb on me while I'm doing the workout.  Fiona said today, "Mommy exercise?"... as I started to turn on the TV/Computer. I'll try to snap a pic soon of this awesome sight.)

I'm praying for all of you.  My prayer for you tonight is that God will connect with you in real, deep, and satisfying ways.  I am also praying that if you haven't had any set aside time of solitude recently (if you're like me, hardly ever), that you will plan a time to get away and be quiet with our Savior.

I love you.

Janelle

No comments: