Friday, February 8, 2013

Success and Sabotage

Success
I am celebrating some great successes that have occurred over the last few weeks. Some highs for me include:
- Fighting for time with Jesus (getting it most mornings)
- Working out/exercising (I have stuck with the Jillian Michaels workouts and am now on Level 3. I finished Day 5 yesterday.  I can see an increase in my stamina for sure.

Sabotage 
I am definitely seeing that the enemy (Satan) wants nothing more than to sabotage any and all efforts of me being healthy. I am also sabotaging myself... see how here:
- This word came to me after watching an episode of The Biggest Loser.  There was a sweet girl on the show who shared that she had this tradition called, "Fat Tuesdays" where she'd work out with a trainer prior to becoming a contestant on the show and then go through the drive thru and eat tons of junk.  I realize I do this.  I'm obviously not setting off to try out for the Biggest Loser, but I do this so many days.  I work hard (doing that workout that I've been doing 25 days straight- glory to God-, jogging with Belle and her friends to school, etc.) and then I eat past the point of being full.
- The food part of my journey (which has been the HARDEST part and the reason I started this blog) is an IMperfect progress emphasis on IM. I am eating healthier than I was a few weeks ago... I am taking vitamins and drinking more water... I just am not eating to lose weight and fine myself snacking (yep, the snack fast has not been a success) when I don't even want/need it.

Please pray for me.  Pray for God's wisdom and that I would desire to eat right and how God wants me to. My days start off with the best intentions and some days I get through having eaten mostly healthy... other days I turn to food/snacks and not the Bread of Life.

2 random updates:
1. My in-laws have our kids overnight tonight.  I'm excited. Jackson and I are going out to a romantic dinner (pray for good choices here... I'm planning on them) and spending some time debriefing from our premarital counseling training last weekend.
2. A college friend of mine and his wife lost their son (he was born full term but no heart beat). You can read about how God is getting the glory in the midst of their grief and pain on this blog: Charlie's Song. This reminds me of God's power, His faithfulness, and inspires me. In this moment, it makes all this food stuff seem absolutely ridiculous.  Please pray for Misty and Reid today.

I am praying for all of you!

No comments: