Monday, May 26, 2014

New, Deeper Hunger

Jackson and I spent most of the day traveling to Kauai to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (early) and it has been amazing.  I have had awesome (uninterrupted- kid-free!) company. Gorgeous sights. Delicious food (I waited for hunger and ate til comfortable- Glory to God!). We even got a couple of upgrades for almost nothing/free and have rolled up praise to God as we take in the views, tastes, and one another. God's grace.

The best part of my day has been spending time in God's Word and reading Deeper by Debbie Alsdorf .


I have found myself truly hungry for His Word and His Spirit. Some highlights from the book so far:
- Our culture has 3 P's- pretty, perfect, and polished. In God's economy the 3 P's are position, passion, and purpose. 
- "Truth is a person that came and died to set us free".
- "Remember- truth sets us free- His Word heals us in ways a medicine cannot".
- "God's Word puts the stamp of approval in my heart, moving me to believe that I really am authentically His".



It's my prayer that whether I'm in an exotic land with never ending fun and freedom or I'm in a toy/craft/laundry-filled, cluttered 2 bedroom apartment with limited time and resources I will seek the One who gives life to the full. I don't ever want to stop finding truth and healing and freedom in His Word.



No comments: